Durga Maa Sherawali 4.5ft
Materials: This Durga Maa Sherawali 4.5′ is carved in Sand Stone. Hand-carved in Odisha.
Durga is the Hindu goddess with eternal energy. The fiercer, demon-fighting form of Shiva’s wife, the goddess Parvati. This Maa Durga Statue manifests fearlessness and patience, and never loses her sense of humor, even during spiritual battles of epic proportion.
Maa Durga Statue symbolizes the divine forces (positive energy) known as divine shakti (feminine energy/ power) that is used against the negative forces of evil and immorality. She guards her devotees against evil powers and safeguards them. It is believed that Durga Maa Sherawali is the united form of powers of Goddesses Lakshmi, Kali, and Saraswati.
It is also believed that Goddess Durga was formed by Lord Vishnu as a warrior goddess to shield good people (devas) from battling the demon, Mahishasur. Her divine shakti includes the blended powers of all the gods in the form of weapons and arms(mudras).
Durga Maa Stone Murti symbolizes the power of the supreme being that protects moral order and holiness in creation. The Sanskrit word Durga means a fort or a place that is preserved and thus difficult to reach. Durga, also called Divine Shakti, protects humanity from evil and misery by destroying evil forces (negative energy and vices—arrogance, jealousy, prejudice, hatred, anger, greed, and selfishness).
Durga Maa Sherawali is portrayed as riding on a lion or a tiger. A tiger signifies unlimited power. Durga mounting a tiger signifies that she owns unlimited power and uses it to protect virtue and defeat evil. The lion is a symbol of uncontrolled animalistic trends (such as anger, arrogance, selfishness, greed, jealousy, desire to harm others, etc.), and her sitting on it tells us to control these characters, so that we are not inhibited by them.
She is usually shown wearing a red sari. The color red symbolizes action and the red clothes signify that She is destroying evil and protecting mankind from pain and suffering.
Thus, Goddess Durga symbolizes the Divine forces (positive energy) that are used against the negative forces of evil and wickedness. She embodies pure energy (positive), known as divine light or Jyoti that is the embodiment of feminine and creative energy.
There are several mantras for Durga Maa Sherawali, but the most simple and easy mantra to learn is “Om Sri Durgaya Namah.” It is believed that by chanting this mantra regularly the Divine Mother will remove the physical, mental, and worldly problems in life and shower us with her unlimited blessings.
- The sheer immensity of this Maa Durga is mesmerizing.
- It would surely bring a special piece of serenity to any temple or landscape.
- This mesmerizing and fearless Durga Maa Sherawali is releasing positive energy and representing the divine power of a lady, depicted as a warrior woman with eight hands carrying weapons of different kinds assuming mudras, (symbolic hand gestures) that represent her teachings.
- Our artisan carves this Maa Durga with a single block of Sand Stone, which increases its durability in many folds.
- It is completely one of a kind masterpiece. Any changes are possible on a customized Maa Durga Statue, as per our Art Lover customer’s choice.
- Our Durga Maa Sherawali is a high-quality product.
There are no reviews yet.