Maa Durga Murti 15″
Materials: This Durga Maa is carved in Soap Stone. Hand-carved in Odisha.
Durga is the Hindu goddess with boundless energy. The fiercer, demon-fighting form of Shiva’s wife, the goddess Parvati. This Maa Durga Statue manifests fearlessness and steadiness, and never loses her sense of humor, even during spiritual struggles of epic proportion.
Maa Durga Statue symbolizes the spiritual forces (positive energy) known as divine shakti (feminine energy/ power) that is used against the negative forces of evil and immorality. She guards her devotees against evil powers and safeguards them. It is believed that Durga Maa Sherawali is the united form of powers of Goddesses Lakshmi, Kali, and Saraswati.
It is also considered that Goddess Durga was formed by Lord Vishnu as a warrior goddess to shield good people (devas) from battling the demon, Mahishasur. Her divine shakti includes the blended powers of all the gods in the form of weapons and arms(mudras).
Maa Durga Murti symbolizes the power of the supreme being that protects moral order and holiness in creation. The Sanskrit word Durga means a fort or a place that is preserved and thus difficult to reach. Durga, also called Divine Shakti, protects humanity from evil and misery by destroying evil forces (negative energy and vices—arrogance, jealousy, prejudice, hatred, anger, greed, and selfishness).
Durga Maa Sherawali is portrayed as riding on a lion or a tiger. A tiger signifies unlimited power. Durga mounting a tiger implies that she owns immense power and uses it to protect virtue and defeat evil. The lion is a symbol of uncontrolled animalistic trends (such as anger, arrogance, selfishness, greed, jealousy, desire to harm others, etc.), and her sitting on it tells us to control these characters, so that we are not restrained by them.
She is usually shown wearing a red sari. The color red typifies the action and the red clothes signify that She is defeating evil and protecting mankind from pain and misery.
Thus, Maa Durga Murti symbolizes the Divine forces (positive energy) that are used against the negative powers of evil and wickedness. She personifies pure energy (positive), known as divine light or Jyoti that is the embodiment of feminine and creative energy.
There are several mantras for Durga Maa Sherawali, but the most simple and easy mantra to learn is “Om Sri Durgaya Namah.” It is believed that by chorusing this mantra regularly the Divine Mother will remove the physical, mental, and worldly problems in life and shower us with her infinite blessings.
- The sheer immensity of this Maa Durga is mesmerizing.
- It would surely bring a special piece of serenity to any temple or landscape.
- This mesmerizing and fearless Maa Durga Murti is releasing positive energy and representing the divine power of a lady, depicted as a warrior woman with eight hands carrying weapons of different kinds assuming mudras, (symbolic hand gestures) that represent her teachings.
- Our artisan carves this Maa Durga with a single block of Soap Stone, which increases its durability in many folds.
- It is completely one of a kind masterpiece. Any changes are possible on a customized Maa Durga Statue, as per our Art Lover customer’s choice.
- Our Maa Durga Murti is a high-quality product.
I am absolutely overwhelmed with the Durga murti created by Stone studio as per my customized requirement based on this pictured durga idol. Thanks a lot for all your effort and design you made in making this idol for me.