Vishnu Statue sitting on Sheshnaga
Size: 2 feet
Materials: Pink stone, which is also known as soapstone, in this Vishnu Statue sitting on Sheshnaga, and it is a famous stone variety use by Odisha’s craftsmen.
‘Shesha’ in Sanskrit means ‘that which remains’ and ‘Naga’ means snake. This reptile symbolizes energy and power in Hinduism. So when these two words: shesha & naga are put together, they mean, that which remains ultimately is Energy or Atman. So the sum total of all the energies this universe has is in Sheshanaga.
The mythology talks about the two faces of Bhagwan Vishnu. On one hand, he is as quiet, pleasant, and gentle. But his second face is dangerous where he is in a comfortable position sitting on the king of the snake- the Sheshnag.
This resting posture of Bhagwan Vishnu on Sheshnag indicates that every moment of life is related to the duties and responsibilities of a man. The most important of all of them include duties towards family, social and economic responsibility. To fulfill these duties one has to make a lot of effort and go through many difficult and tough times which Sheshnag portrays and creates anxiety in man. The quiet face of Lord Vishnu inspires us to keep calm and to be patient in these tough times.
As we know human life is full of problems, infinite desires, plenty of hurdles and problems which create a lot of stress and tension. Hence, Lord Vishnu’s message to sit peacefully on Sheshnag depicts that don’t become restless during problems of life but face them with great peace and calm as they will soon vanish.
- The sheer immensity of this sculpture is mesmerizing.
- It would surely bring a special piece of serenity to any temple or garden.
- This Vishnu Statue sitting on Sheshnaga symbolizes peace, harmony, and balance which are few necessary elements of our living.
- It is completely one of a kind and best to give divine beauty to any landscape.
- Any changes are possible on a customized piece, as per our Art Lover customer’s choice
There are no reviews yet.