Materials: This 6 feet Durga Maa Stone Murti is carved in Marble. Hand-carved in Odisha.
Durga Maa Stone Murti
Durga is the Hindu goddess with eternal energy. The fiercer, demon-fighting form of Shiva’s wife, the goddess Parvati. This Durga Maa Stone Murti manifests fearlessness and patience, and never loses her sense of humor, even during spiritual battles of epic proportion.
Durga Maa Stone Murti symbolizes the divine forces (positive energy) known as divine shakti (feminine energy/ power) that is used against the negative forces of evil and immorality. She guards her devotees against evil powers and safeguards them. It is believed that Goddess Durga is the united form of powers of Goddesses Lakshmi, Kali, and Saraswati.
It is also assumed that Goddess Durga was formed by Lord Vishnu as a warrior goddess to shield good people (devas) from battling the demon, Mahishasur. Her divine shakti contains the blended powers of all the gods in the form of weapons and arms(mudras).
Durga Maa Stone Murti represents the power of the supreme being that protects moral order and holiness in creation. The Sanskrit word Durga means a fort or a place that is protected and thus difficult to reach. Durga, also called Divine Shakti, protects mankind from evil and misery by destroying evil forces (negative energy and vices—arrogance, jealousy, prejudice, hatred, anger, greed, and selfishness).
Durga Maa Stone Murti is depicted as riding on a lion or a tiger. A tiger signifies unlimited power. Durga mounting a tiger symbolizes that she owns unlimited power and uses it to protect virtue and defeat evil. The lion is a symbol of uncontrolled animalistic trends (such as anger, arrogance, selfishness, greed, jealousy, desire to harm others, etc.), and her sitting on it tells us to control these characters, so that we are not repressed by them.
She is usually shown wearing a red sari. The color red symbolizes action and the red clothes signify that She is destroying evil and protecting mankind from pain and suffering.
Thus, Goddess Durga symbolizes the Divine forces (positive energy) that are used against the negative forces of evil and wickedness. She represents pure energy (positive), known as divine light or Jyoti that is the embodiment of feminine and creative energy. There are several mantras for Goddess Durga, but the most simple and easy mantra to remember is “Om Sri Durgaya Namah.” It is believed that by chanting this mantra regularly the Divine Mother will remove the physical, mental, and worldly problems in life and shower us with her unlimited blessings.
- The sheer immensity of this Durga Maa Stone Murti is mesmerizing.
- It would surely bring a special piece of serenity to any temple or landscape.
- This mesmerizing and fearless Durga Maa Stone Murti is releasing positive energy and representing the divine power of a lady, depicted as a warrior woman with eight hands carrying weapons of different kinds assuming mudras, (symbolic hand gestures) that represent her teachings.
- Our artisan carves this Durga Maa Stone Murti with a single block of Marble, which increases its durability in many folds.
- It is completely one of a kind masterpiece. Any changes are possible on a customized Durga Maa Stone Murti, as per our Art Lover customer’s choice.
- Our Durga Maa Stone Murti is a high-quality product.
There are no reviews yet.